BUY A LONGBOARD IN BALI: Ultimate guide to stores, shapers, rentals and second hand
Bali is known as surfing's paradise so anyone who is adventurous and into surfing is being welcomed into this Island. So, this guide is for everyone who is planning a visit or settle on this beautiful surfing spot in Southeast Asia.
In this post, we will share some information about where and who supplies surfing boards, especially surf longboards, from iconic stores to shapers, and rentals.
If you don’t know exactly which board you want, first have a look at our “Beginner's guide to buying a longboard: Here’s everything you need to know’’ to give you some pointers about what kind of Surf longboard you are looking for.
And, a little piece of suggestions if ever you are in doubt or no idea of what you are getting then renting a surfboard is the most convenient way. This island has the most amazing options for surfboard rentals ask some good referrals, locals or someone who has sharp knowledge about surfing boards.
So, here is the list of my recommendations:
- Deus Ex-Machina (Temple of Enthusiasm)
- Address:Jl. Pantai BatuMejan No.8,Canggu,Kec.Kuta Utara, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia
- Phone: +62 811 388 315
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: Deus Ex Machina
The ''Temple of Enthusiasm” is the Deus Ex-Machina Bali flagship store it has the feel of the Deus shop from other big cities. The clothing retail space, motorcycle workshop, bike shop, art wall gallery, bar with restaurant, outdoor lounge area that is perfect for a nightcap, surfboard shaping, skating ramp and photography studio. The view of the rice field makes it a more interesting twist on this cool surf shop.
- Address: Pantai Batu Bolong St, Canggu, North Kuta, Badung Regency, Bali 80361, Indonesia
- Phone: +62 815-4756-8145
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: onboardstorebali
This surf shop offers premium brands of selected surfboards in Bali. It comes with some good surf suits and wide collections of (accessories). A good quality store, they offer a great line of surfboards to choose from such as longboard surfboards by @christensonsurfboards and many more. Here is the list:
- Channel Islands
- The Flat Tracker by @christensonsurfboards
- Simon Anderson
- Haydn Lewis
- Town & Country
- Address: Jl. Labuan Sait No.52, Pecatu, Bali
- Phone: (+62) 0817-557-111
- Instagram :drifterbali
If you are looking for a place to unwind, good eats, coffee and a wide range of surfboards then this is the place you need to check out in Bali. They have three (3) Drifter shop around Bali (Ulutawu, Seminyak, and Berawa) so you may hit their shops and good finds await you. Also available for accessories and surf suits. (Maximum size that you can find is minimal, no longboards available on the store).
- Address: Pantai Batu Bolong St No.63, Canggu, North Kuta, Badung Regency, Bali 80351, Indonesia
FLKLR surf shop offers concept style boutique, they have custom- made surfboards designs and fins, swimming apparel (also use organic and sustainable materials for their apparel). Their designs are sustainable, ethically made, custom made and to top of that every sold surfboard they donate the water-refilling system to Balinese community.
- Address: Jl. Pantai Berawa No.5a, Kerobokan, Kec. Kuta Utara, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia
- Phone: +62 858-1432-7942
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: kayusurfboards
This surf shop produces sustainable wooden balsa surfboards. A hand-shaped hollow balsa wood boards (Blanks and Wooden Surfboards). They offer pure good wood and high standard designs. The store is cool in ambiance. One of the most sought Bali wooden surfboard boutiques.
- Address: Pantai Batu Bolong St No.8, Canggu, North Kuta, Badung Regency, Bali 80351, Indonesia
- Phone: +62 812-9600-8828
“Handmade & heartfelt custom surfboards”, Suket, built his name doing the glassing for Deus. Working in the industry for a long time. Now, he has a range of custom-built of longboards in Bali, he opened the store in 2017 and from there a lot of the longboard locals of the area are riding his boards. From 9’5 to 9’0 Ted longboards custom made.
- Address:Jl. Raya Canggu No.18X, Tibubeneng, Kec. Kuta Utara, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia
- Phone: +62 361 8446207
- Email: redzsurf@iol.
- Instagram: redz_surfboard
This shop offers a wide range of surfboards and surfing gear for every surf adventures you’re on. A Bali surfing trip, rashguard leash tail pads, to a variety of premium quality fins. They also sell surf wax, accessories, and ding repairs They’re open daily from 9 am-10 pm.
- Address: Jl. Munduk Catu No.1, Canggu, Kec. Kuta Utara, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia
- Phone:+62 878-6181-3103
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: BGS BALI
Komang and Jordan have been a long-time supporter of local communities. BGS's first store opened in Uluwatu in 2012, as a surf cafe and lifestyle store and just this year they open the same concept cafe style store in Canggu. The best coffee selection in town, (thumbs up) cool spot to hang out and meeting with the locals is a good way of starting your Bali experience. They also sell a good selection of clothing apparel such as swimsuits and board shorts.
- Address: Jl. Raya Semat No.99, Tibubeneng, Kec. Kuta Utara, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia
- Phone: +62 812-3904-3970
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: charliebrownbalisurfshop
Charlie brown built his reputation for the ding repair. He has an open range of boards but he mostly specializes in shortboards. They also have a small rental at the beach in Berawa, Charlie Brown also handles surfing lesson.
- Address: Jl. Batu Bolong no.66 Canggu-Bali Kuta 80361
- Phone: +62 361 8947425
- Instagram: studersurfboards
This surf shop has a good feel of a surfing shop, surfboards are rad and very reasonable when it comes to pricing. Massive of surfboards to choose from longboards, shortboard, mini and SUP boards.
- Address: Jl. Pantai Batu Bolong No.73, Canggu, Kuta Utara, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80351, Indonesia
- Phone:+62 878-6228-1060
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: Kartel Bali
Kartel Boardstore started in 2015, They started as a surfboard shop that offers a great range of good boards. They offer surf lessons, local Bali trips and many more. Now, fast forward to 2019 Kartel Bali opened to everyone a coffee nook where you can dine in and enjoy some good coffee.
- Price: Ranges Rp 7 750 000
- Address: Jl. Padang Linjong No.85, Canggu, Bali Indonesia
- Phone: +62 3613 705 220
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: Chilli Surfboards Bali
Alternatively, you can do is to order a custom board directly from a shaper in the Island. Some of them don't have a physical surf shop. But don't fret you can find mostly on social media, Facebook groups or you can ask some good referrals from locals or friends. Prices range depends on the quality of materials or glassing and the knowledge of the shaper.
Here we publish a list of surfboard shapers.
Bali Board Shapers:
- Address: JI Tukad Bilok gg Carik no.88, Denpasar, Bali Indonesia
- Phone: +62 8786 2300 023
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: DC Danu Custom Board Bali
At the age of 8, Danu left his family but changed through the passion for surfing and the art of shaping. He wants to share his talent for board shaping not just for his family, friends, customers but also to the world. Credits: Danu Sword
- Address: Jl. Pertanian Pedungan, Kec.Denpasar Sel., Kota Denpasar, Bali 80222, Indonesia
- Phone: +62 819-1666-73
- Email: email@example.com
- Instagram: hauna_surfboard
This surfboard shaper basically designs customs like funboard, shortboard, longboards, SUPs, hand plans, and fins. A good local shaper in Bali. Created local products with imported goods.
- Address: Jl. Tukad Badung XVIII No.18, Renon, Kec. Denpasar Sel., Kota Denpasar, Bali 80226, Indonesia
- Phone: +62 813-3744-5200
- Instagram: ROCKWELL SURFBOARD
A local board shaper production in Bali in a low range of prices, Rosyid the owner has a good name shaping mostly shortboards.
If you look for a good deal on surfboards then be sharp in choosing. And, remember to be aware that a difference in price can affect the quality of the materials and the shapes of the boards. A lot of local sharpers in Bali that had already built a strong reputation in board shaping. So better be conscious and take time to find good recommendations before getting one.
- Address: Pantai Batu Bolong St No.78, Canggu, North Kuta, Badung Regency, Bali 80361, Indonesia
- Phone: +62 821-4447-799/0818-0543-2011
- Instagram: studio.repair
Amin Brothers, been working already for a long time, they built a reputation in repairing dings. Now they just opened a workshop near Batubolong. They have lots of options with importing blankets, and they are also producing for some established brands, so it’s a place to check it out.
- Address: Kuta, Badung Regency, Bali 80361, Indonesia
- Phone: +62 361 765772
- Instagram: Naruki surf shop
On the top for repairing surfboard dings. Surfboard painting jobs very excellent, Good price, customer’s rapport is on point. The selection of surfboards are amazing, you can also trade boards. So, the next time you hit your dings might you know where to go and they offer variants of surfboards.
- Address: Jl. Labuansait No.72 Pecatu, Kuta Sel., Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361
- Phone: +62 853-3704-7840
Operated by surf duo Jockey and wife, they cater ding repairs, surfboard rentals, Buy and Sale and Surf lessons.
- Address: Jl. Subak Canggu, Canggu, Kec. Kuta Utara, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361, Indonesia
- Phone: +62 831-1966-5060
A local surfboard ding repair shop in Bali. You might check it for future purposes. And, watch out because a new store will be opening soon.
Traveling with your surfboards is a little bit uncomfortable. That is why we also incorporate some list of surfboard rentals along Bali to make it a little easier for you to check out. Canggu has one of the most amazing locations for surfboard rentals. You may check out this beach surf shop:
You just need to go to the beach and check all the options. A lot of beginner’s friendly surf spots and you will have at least a few rentals options, the range price is 50.000RP for 2 hours. Not bad, right
E) Second-hand boards
And, lastly the second-hand surfboard. Since we are on modern technology a lot of Facebook group communities in Bali. Supporting surfboards buy and sell is a huge hit in the past years. People come and go to the island and you can always find good deals of surfboards may it be brand new or second hand. You may check out a few recommendations.
- Bali buy and sell
- Canggu Surfboards Buy and sell
- Poppies 2- They have lots of shops down to this road that sells second-hand surfboard be careful though in choosing the perfect one.
- REDZ surf shop;
Actually, a lot of known surfboard shops located in Canggu sell second-hand surfboards but before you pick your favorite, we want you to be observant check everything. Make sure that you are getting what you paid for.
There you have it surfers before you hit the airport and start your surf adventure and paddle those Bali waves. Always take time to read some reviews, it will make your life easier.
Surfing MAMAS: experiences, opinions, concerns of pregnant surfers
Surfers’ Dharma: new impact driven surf documentary series from our Bali longboarder, MelisaWe did an interview with our surfmate Melisa who shared a bit about herself and the projects she is part of right now. Surfers’ Dharma is a series ...
Traveling with your longboard? Here’s everything you need to know, including the friendliest airlines for longboarders.